Focused on excellence, international and ready for the future – the School of Business, Economics and Society
The School of Business, Economics and Society is one of the most well-known in Germany. It originated from the Nuremberg Commercial College for Business and Social Science founded in 1918. Interdisciplinary co-operation between business studies, economics, and the social sciences has been a defining factor ever since. Having received approval from Nuremberg city council and the responsible ministry, the College began teaching its first 180 students at Findelgasse 7 in winter 1919.
In 1961 the former College was integrated into FAU as the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences (WiSo). In 2007, WiSo was restructured and partly incorporated into the School of Business and Economics at the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law. Founded as a college with a strong practical focus, the School continues to be a university think-tank and a sought-after local partner in the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region.