Welcome to the School of Business, Economics and Society
The School of Business, Economics and Society is one of the most well-known in Germany. It originated from the Nuremberg Commercial College for Business and Social Science founded in 1918. Having received approval from Nuremberg city council and the responsible ministry, the College began teaching its first 180 students at Findelgasse 7 in the winter semester of 1919/20. Interdisciplinary co-operation between business studies, economics, and the social sciences has been a defining factor ever since.
In 1961 the former College was integrated into FAU as the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences (WiSo). In 2007, WiSo was restructured and partly incorporated into the School of Business and Economics at the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law. Founded as a college with a strong practical focus, the School continues to be a university think-tank and a sought-after local partner in the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region.